Reading Borough Council Online Registers for Planning & Building Control
What we provide with the service
The Online Registers allows you to:
- Search for and view details of Planning & Building Control -->applications and Planning appeals
- Submit comments on Planning Applications during the appropriate stage of the application process.
Limitations of the system and its use
Online Reigsters has the current limitations:
- Please note we have recently changed our register supplier and consequently the email tracking alerts service is NOT available.
- The service is available online from 05:00 Monday to 23:00 Sunday
- Planning & Building Control applications from October 1988 and Planning appeals from January 1993 are available online
- Associated documents for Planning applications are available from December 2005 - except for appeals, these are not available online
- You will be able to view the applications, appeals and associated documents at the main reception at the Civic Offices, during normal office hours 09:00 to 17:00
- The online Planning & Building Control records contained within the site at present are incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Land Charges Search - no responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the Planning & Building Control history information obtained from the Online Registers system
- The information contained within Online Registers does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a Planning or Building Control decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk
- Under the Local Government (Access to Information Act 1985) your comments on Planning applications will be made available for public inspection at the Council's Civic Centre Office
Conditions of use
Copyright Notice Plans, drawing and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes; to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.